Thursday 1 July 2010

Exercise 9 : Balance

The object of this exercise was to comment on 6 photographs which i had previously taken. I was to critique each image with regard to the balance of the image

The major balance elements of each image have been circled in pink and my explanation of this is shown using the weighing scale below each image showing areas of balance within each photograph.

As this is an area i have never considered when taking photographs I chose six images purely at random to highlight to me whether or not i had previously managed to get images ‘ in balance’

balance (2 off 6)

Two large area in this image , which sort of balance themselves out

balance 3

Three areas in this image two large and one smaller, slightly unbalanced in my opinion

balance 4

Two large areas that balance nothing else really to add , quite pleased although i was unaware at the time of exposure

balance 5

Another image which i feel balances out quite well , one large ad three smaller areas.

balance 6

Surprisingly another balanced image , although if i were being hyper critical a smaller area of sky would have produced a better image

balance (1 of 6)

The worst balanced of all the images , doesn't really cut it for me.

Conclusion

A very worthwhile exercise for me , will really appreciate the element of balance in future images.

Although quite a few of the chosen images were balance it was more good luck than planned , unless my subconscious mind was helping me !!

No comments:

Post a Comment